Saturday, October 23, 2010

Matlab and Linear Discrete Signals

Hey guys,

Today I want to talk about a program I use in my Linear Signals and Systems course. It's called MATLAB, created by MathWorks. I use it for discrete signal plotting as well as tough math problems.

Taken from the MathWorks website, this shows some of the things MATLAB can do.


You can create some nice graphs with it as well as code up some interesting scenarios for systems. Make Differential Equations a little bit easier! Any of you guys use a similar program to MATLAB? I'd like to know some alternatives if they're out there.

9 comments:

  1. hm very interesting- im pretty much retarded at math though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. used matlab before.

    however, for simulation mostly ansys and altair hyperworks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn hard stuff, how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sigh* If I wasn't so blindly ignorant to math I'd appreciate this more. ^^; But it looks efficient enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matlab is so amazing, i use it all the time in my design classes

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that's a lot of info on electricity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I;ve always wanted to work with Matlab, but I guess I won't ever have an opportunity to now.

    ReplyDelete